The pieces I used are here:
The problems I can't seem to solve:
- Composition. It supposed to seem as if he's standing behind her, arms wrapped around her, his cheek pressed to her temple. Something's off here and I can't pinpoint it -- face or height ratio, maybe, or the fact that a woman in this position would typically tilt her head under the pressure. But if I try to rotate her face, her hair goes insane and breaks. His shoulder doesn't seem like it's in the right position, either, to indicate reaching forward.
- Cleanup. Can't for the life of me seem to completely get rid of the halo where I trimmed around the characters, especially around their hair.
- Consistency. I can't seem to sharpen her up enough or soften him enough, or bring the background into balance with either, so that it looks at least somewhat cohesive. And maybe it's just me, but it seems like the lines of his shirt are a little too ... soft/bland/detexturized?
- Blending. Trying to blend the foreground into the background so that it looks like they're organic to the background. Also, I don't know what to do with the part where his hair meets hers. I tried blurring/smudging, but it just looks too weird.
- Lighting. All over the place. Presumably on a sunny day like this in an environment like this, they'd be lit up with a bit of a glow.
Thank you so much!